My Blog List

Monday 10 January 2011

Mmmm...ribs!

I tried something new, I bought a rack of ribs from the Farmers Market last Saturday. I don't usually buy ribs as I never get them quite right - some say you need to pre-boil them and some say don't, and whichever way I've tried they always go a bit tough.

Well, not I know these other ribs must have been inferior ribs. Because I just spread some sauce on these ones and they came out tender and meaty, very tasty.

The magical ribs came from Sunnyside farm in Dumfries and Galloway. I believe there were 12 spare ribs to the rack, and I coated both sides with a mixture of 4 tablespoon Mrs Massey's barbecue sauce and 1 tablespoon dark agave syrup. They went in the oven for 45 minutes at about 170'C and came out perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment