My Blog List

Wednesday 22 December 2010

It's cold outside...

Brrr!

The boyfriend and I just got back from town after a day of Christmas shopping and present hiding (his is under the bed in the spare room with a dressing gown chucked over it, and apparently I am banned from the bedside table on his side of the bed).

We hit the German Market for some tasty Grilled pork steaks, krautsalat and fried potatoes. Every winter I crave the German Market's fried potatoes, and they have never disappointed. We managed to do a little shopping but it was far too cold for too much browsing. We had a few glasses or mulled wine - or "Fire wine" as they call it.

We'd planned to go to Tiso to buy a pressie for his brother-in-law, but got a little distracted so never made it before closing. We'd bought some inexpensive gloves, socks, hats and blankets from Mountain Warehouse yesterday, and we'd planned to hand them out to homeless people - we tried last night but it was midnight by the time we got out and by then the streets were deserted. Found out today the soup van comes along at 9:00 pm and collects anyone found on the streets to take them to church shelters.

We spoke to a guy named Darren, who was chittering with cold and sitting under a plastic sheet - he's been sleeping in the cemetary at the West End and some guys had started on him, kicking him in and running off with his case. He was sitting with wrecked shoes that were soaked through, and his gloves were soaked as well. We gave him a new scarf, blanket, socks and hat, and I bought him a couple staek pies, a coffee and a slice of chocolate cake.

I don't think I will ever feel right complaining about my cold feet ever again.

1 comment:

  1. I invested in this new dress, it is longer than expected, perfect to wear with heels. I couldn't tell in the photos but the dress has a slight train in the back which is very elegant.
    cheap coach purses

    ReplyDelete