My Blog List

Friday 10 December 2010

Last day

It’s my very last day here, today is my last day at work. I’ve had a great time here…it’s been hectic at times, slightly stressful, and I certainly have not had enough sleep since starting back at uni. I’ve loved working here though, and I hope one day when I graduate, I might come back.

One girl, who I’ve worked with on a few occasions but who is not a regular in our office (she always stops to say hi to me however busy she may be) made a point of saying bye and good luck yesterday…and she emailed my team leader to contribute to my leaving present.

Another girl who I’ve worked with regularly over the past year (I even spoke to her a couple times on the phone in my previous incarnation as the Director’s PA) was stuck because of the snow and couldn’t make it into our office, but she phoned me yesterday to tell me how much she’s appreciated my help, and to tell me they couldn’t have done it without me. And how she’d wanted to say goodbye in person, but she hadn’t been able to get across town since the snow started.

My team leader yesterday said she’d give me a glowing reference for anything, and they’d love to have me back if I ever decided to. And she told me it would have all fallen apart without my organisational skills. I’ve enjoyed working for her, she doesn’t tolerate slacking and I’ve worked hard.

I’ve loved working here, and I’m really going to miss it. Next Monday I may even wake up at 6:00 am though I won’t have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment